Friday, January 25, 2008

 

Milk in the Land

I know this was very, very predictable of me, but the other night I went to the Pacific Film Archive in Berkeley to see a documentary about... MILK. That's right. One half of the dynamic duo that make up the cappuccino. My favorite source of sugar, fat and animal protein.

It was an experimental documentary entitled "Milk in the Land: Ballad of an American Drink," and it centered around the idea of milk as the all-American wholesome beverage, picking apart where that perception came from and what this mundane food product and our way of looking at it reveal about us and our history and culture.

I was riveted.

You can find out more about the film here.

On another note, I know it has been three months since my last post. This does not mean that I have given up tasting cappuccinos. On the contrary, I have visited a bunch of interesting new places in the past three months, and I would like to write about a few of them, at least. I just haven't had time to, because I have been up to my eyeballs in work. (Work on my film, which is a heartbeat away from being done, and editing work on another reality TV special, this one about an all-women's chain gang at a jail in Phoenix, Arizona. Go ahead and ask me what "booty duty" is.) In any case, more cappuccino reviews are forthcoming, I promise!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?